Thursday, May 29, 2008

PRAYER

___________________________________________________________

I pray. But not to the arrogant, abomination that is the neolithic angry, vengeful, jealous god of the hebrews, arabs and christians. I pray not to an anthropomorphic deity that exists in the minds and literature of mankind. But I pray knowing it will be answered.

By whom? My detractors may ask and why, I respond with a question, does there need to be a named entity to listen to my prayers?

I pray because prayer works. Prayer is not cosmic email and it is not the invocation of supernatural beings. Prayer works by making me feel good. It helps alleviate suffering.

That's all it does, that's all I want it to do.

If causes and effects occur while praying that does not make the prayer a cause or an effect.

No comments: